Subject: Re: [boost] [Range] 1.68 master/beta MSVC compilation error with /fpermissive-
From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-07-13 04:03:58

On 12 July 2018 at 23:31, Marshall Clow via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> > PS: And yes MSVC is a moving target. But concluding that it should not be
> > supported by boost would be short-sighted. There are just to many users
> of
> > Boost with MSVC and they rely on Boost abstracting all those dirty
> details
> > relating to compiler bugs away (as well as platform dependencies etc).
>

> Yes, but at some point we have to ship a boost release.

Exactly, it should certainly not be held up because a bug in some by now
evaporized version of VC (and subsequently fixed in newer versions) "needs"
fixing.

My point was wholly different, though, stating that, iff clang-cl would be
a build option on windows, it would be much easier to pin-point a problem
to either the Boost code, or a transitional bug in VC.

degski

--
*"If something cannot go on forever, it will stop" - Herbert Stein*