Subject: Re: [boost] Moving wiki/Guidelines/WarningsGuidelines
From: Stefan Seefeld (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-08-02 08:09:34

On 2018-08-02 03:59 AM, Mateusz Loskot via Boost wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Paul Bristow suggested [1]
>
> "We might also re-host this document somewhere on github/boostorg?"
>
> [1] https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2018/07/242617.php
>
> I'd like to edit and move the wiki page away from Trac.
>
> IMHO, it is reasonable to host it not on GitHub wiki but
> on boost.org along other guidelines, for example, at
> https://www.boost.org/development/warnings.html
>
> - It is easy to update website via pull requests.
> - Any updates would be a subject of some review at least
>
> Thoughts? Objections?

I don't think this is a good idea, as it contributes to the
proliferation of locations to look for to find information (or to
contribute updates), which will also result in duplicate (in the best
case) or contradictory (in the worst case) information. Ideally,
boost.org should consist of a *very* small number of static pages (a
hub, really) with links to other pages, such as project-specific
websites (e.g. http://boostorg.github.io/>), or the wiki
(
https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki).

Stefan