Subject: Re: [boost] GNOME outreachy
From: Bryce Adelstein Lelbach aka wash (brycelelbach_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-08-25 08:28:11

> an org admin could be found, it could happen.

I have little time to spare these days.

But diversity is important enough to me that I will happily find the time
to administer a Boost outreachy if the community wants it to happen. As
many of you know, I serve in an administrative role for a number of Boost
community projects, such as C++Now and SoC, so I have plenty of familiarity
with what's involved in something like this.

> Outreachy requires orgs to practice discrimination of a form which is
illegal in some parts of the world. I certainly could not abide by it,
it contravenes
EU human rights legislation, and I also find it morally wrong.

Niall,

Do you realize that outreachy is a project of the Software Freedom
Conservancy?

The same Software Freedom Conservancy that has graciously and expertly
managed the finances and legal matters for the Boost organization?

Do you realize that the hard-working people from the Software Freedom
Conservancy, who help sustain Boost, are probably on this list?

You basically just called some very hard-working and dedicated contributors
to Boost criminals.

It doesn't matter what your opinion of Outreachy is. I think you should
show some respect to the people who run it, because they have done more to
keep the Boost community going than either you or I.

In the future, choose your words more carefully.