Subject: Re: [boost] GNOME outreachy
From: Bryce Adelstein Lelbach aka wash (brycelelbach_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-08-25 23:37:39

My point was simply that there would have been a better way to say what you
had in mind.

Niall Douglas wrote:
> I don't get how diversity is improved by excluding anyone who isn't a US
resident. Or any of the other groups Outreachy excludes.

It brings more people into the community, from demographic groups that are
historically underrepresented. I do agree that it is unfortunate that the
program is not available to non-US residents. But the program is not
exclusive: it doesn't stop us from running other programs, like BSoC.

P.S. For what it's worth, while we have a difference of opinion, and I
think you are wrong here, I of course respect your opinion and your right
to voice it, and always consider you a friend.