Subject: Re: [boost] A possible date for dropping c++03 support
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-08-26 14:07:23

Do we have any idea how many real examples of this dependency there are?

> But if we officially "drop C++03 support" he'll be freer to do so.

And feel less obliged to try to provide a 'workaround' where possible

#ifdef C++03
  do something old-school
#else
  do something trendier
#endif

and instead saying

#ifdef C++03
#error " C++03 not supported!"

Can we make may those who wish to 'Officially' drop support for C++03 feel better
(and quiet the repeated requests)
by

  Officially Deprecating use of C++03 compilers and use of -std=c++03

(and next year deprecating C++11 ;-)

Paul