Subject: Re: [boost] Interest in Unicode library for Boost?
From: Zach Laine (whatwasthataddress_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-09-23 18:44:09

On Sun, Sep 23, 2018 at 11:11 AM Peter Dimov via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> > Either way, I still think that removing push_back is taking things a bit
> > too far.
>
> What is the difference between `text::string_view` and `std::string_view`?
> (We already have `boost::string_view` in Utility too.)

At the highest level of abstraction, there is no distinction. As you look
at implementation details, though, you see that text::string_view is
stripped down in the same way that test::string is, and that it
interoperates with the text-layer types gracefully.

Zach