Subject: [boost] [parameter] An offer to help maintain and improve the library
From: Cromwell Enage (cromwell.enage_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-10-12 14:21:53
It took me a while to get around to this, but here goes.
I've been a long-time user of Boost libraries, although life events imposed
a bit of a hiatus until recently. But now I have the opportunity to help
out some more, and one of the ways I want to give back to this community is
by helping to maintain and improve Boost.Parameter. I participated in the
review of this library before it was accepted, so I'm familiar with its
capabilities and code structure.
In addition to fixing any bugs and handling pull requests, I'd like to make
the following improvements, which I will summarize here:
* Add macros to generate Boost.Parameter-enabled function call operators.
* Add parameter category qualifiers "consume", "move_from", and "forward".
(Current qualifiers are "in", "out", and "in_out".)
* Fix parameter::parameters::operator() so that it also accepts non-const
* Be no longer bound by BOOST_PARAMETER_MAX_ARITY on compilers that support
* Enable parameter::template_keyword<> to accept function types.
* Remove the necessity of wrapping boost::ref() around non-const lvalues.
I can discuss each of these bullet points in separate threads if necessary.
I await your feedback!
Cromwell D. Enage
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk