Subject: Re: [boost] [histogram] Finalising version for submission
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-10-22 16:24:58

On Mon, 22 Oct 2018 at 18:06, Peter Dimov via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hans Dembinski wrote:
>
> > The switch from C++11 to C++14 (...)
>
> As I said, it's not a problem if the review manager and the reviewers do not
> object.
> (...)
> In this specific case, if you're going to transition to C++14 anyway, it
> would even be better for your users if your first release is C++14.

I don't object switch to C++14, on the contrary.
I am trying to step into boots of reviewers though,
hence my encouregement to stick to the original plan.
And, to keep my rear aspect of personality safer ;)
in case some reviewers object the switch
- AFAIU, I will be the one to solve the dispute,
and do it without any tool like Boost policy or guideline at my disposal.

I do acknowledge that from maintenance point, it is better for
Hans to release Histogram as C++14 library.
I agree, it would be better for users too.

Hans, let's get it done this way:
- announce your plan to reviewers and request for feedback
- give some reviewers a week to expresses any objections
and move forward.

I wouldn't expect withdrawal of ACCEPT vote from any of our reviewers,
but who knows....

Best regards,