From: JH (jupiter.hce_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-06-25 05:43:42

Hi,

I have an application using ASIO TCP/IP SSL socket connection in an
embedded device, the device has two network interfaces, when one is
down, another network interface takes over, which requires application
TCP SSL socket connection to be established binding to a new network
interface. What will be an appropriate implementation to switch
application TCP connection from one to another interface?

Option 1: Restart application

Option 2: Terminate the old interface socket, create a new socket to
start initial connection

Option 3: Some reconnection method which I don't know

Appreciate you advice.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

- jupiter