From: Gavin Lambert (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-06-25 07:23:00

On 25/06/2019 17:43, JH wrote:
> I have an application using ASIO TCP/IP SSL socket connection in an
> embedded device, the device has two network interfaces, when one is
> down, another network interface takes over, which requires application
> TCP SSL socket connection to be established binding to a new network
> interface. What will be an appropriate implementation to switch
> application TCP connection from one to another interface?

The simplest option is to not bind to a network interface in the first
place. Provided that only at most one is up at a given moment, the OS
will take care of routing the data appropriately.

You're never allowed to have both interfaces up at the same time to the
same network, unless the OS itself has special routing to handle
failover -- in which case again, you don't need anything fancy in the
application.