From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-08-10 17:51:25

In case it wasn't obvious, this is one more bullet in my campaign to see
the standards committee narrow it's scope to the things that only such a
committee can do. That is:

a) core language syntax and semantics
b) core libraries which place a common interface on underlying machine
or operating system implementations

Other stuff should be considered separately. Preferably by some other
organization but at least by a separate committee. The current structure
is failing to scale and the problem is growing (exponentially?). I'm
sorry I continue to harp on this, but I'm not getting traction. Note
that a huge portion of standard libraries have their origin in other
organizations - stl, boost, and others. The committee has a poor track
record in delivering quality libraries in a timely manner.

Robert Ramey