From: Howard Hinnant (howard.hinnant_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-08-11 00:15:51

The C++ committee is at its best when it standardizes existing practice (though it has seen both successes and failures at being inventive). And the committee is grateful for the contributions that have come from organizations such as boost. Indeed, boost was started by a well-regarded long-time committee member who’s goal was to provide a library testing ground for libraries to be considered for standardization.

Indeed, from https://www.boost.org/:

> We aim to establish "existing practice" and provide reference implementations so that Boost libraries are suitable for eventual standardization.

My best guess is Beman wrote those words. :-)

Speaking as chair of the Directions Group for the C++ committee, it is my sincere hope that boost continues that mission.

Howard