From: Zach Laine (whatwasthataddress_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-08-11 15:19:12

On Sun, Aug 11, 2019 at 5:43 AM Peter Dimov via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> Zach Laine wrote:
>
> > https://tzlaine.github.io/iterator_facade
>
> `reference` being `char const` in the introductory example doesn't feel
> correct. `char const` can't be returned from a function (such as
> `operator*`), top-level qualifiers aren't meaningful for `char`.

It is correct, as of C++20. Proxy iterators are first-class citizens, as
of the ranges concepts work. I used that reference type on purpose, and I
refer to that later in the docs. Also, this is copy-paste from Boost.Text
(proposed), which uses that exact iterator with a "char const" reference
type.

Zach