From: Zach Laine (whatwasthataddress_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-08-17 15:10:16

On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 10:44 AM Zach Laine <whatwasthataddress_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 4:44 AM Hans Dembinski <hans.dembinski_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>

>> > Since iterator_interface is a lot more like Boost.Iterator's
>> iterator_adaptor than my previous iterator_facade was (and I'll look into
>> that), it may be possible to make one template that does everything, but I
>> will not include two separate templates.
>>
>> If you could merge the two that would be even better, but I am not sure
>> you can.
>>

> I can, and I did last night. You can see an example here (not that this
> is not the master branch):
>

> https://github.com/tzlaine/iterator_facade/blob/interface_alternative/example/filtered_int_iterator.cpp
>
> When I get MSVC fixed, I'll merge all this to master.

This is now done. The focus of the library is now a bit different. All
the iterator bits are still there, but now iterator_facade is called
iterator_interface, and has facilities for acting more like an
iterator_facade and more like an iterator_adaptor.

One of the new things is an implementation of C++20's view_interface. Give
it a range or view, even one with only begin() and end(), and it gives you
all the view-type API that can be supported from begin() and end(), based
on the iterator types and categories.

The other new thing is container_interface. It is analogous to
view_interface, but instead of supporting definition of new view types, it
supports the definition of new containers. It has support for all the
operations in the sequence container and reversible container requirements
in the standard. In the example in the docs, I was able to write a
static_vector, for which container_interface provided 38(!) of the member
functions.

Finally, the library's name has changed to reflect all this. You can now
get the code here:

https://github.com/tzlaine/stl_interfaces

and see the online docs here:

https://tzlaine.github.io/stl_interfaces/doc/html/index.html