From: Ankur Dua (ankurdua15_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-08-17 10:17:03

Hi Boost community,

We are team of two students (Senior Undergraduate) from IIT(ISM) Dhanbad —
Madhur Chauhan & Ankur Dua.

We want to bring your attention towards the the potential project that we
wish to complete — Enhancing multplication of cpp_int by using Karatsuba as
the multiplication algorithm.

We have benchmarked cpp_int vs mpz_int (GNU GMP backend) and we found that
around 10^6 bits, cpp_int is tremendously slow (almost 1200x times). We
have also prepared a document containing the benchmarks [1] alongwith the
details about the idea and the project.

We are awaiting response from the community after which we will prepare a
formal proposal containing the details of approach and possible
implementations with documentation and test code changes.

Thanks & Regards
Madhur Chauhan & Ankur Dua
madhur4127_at_[hidden]
ankurdua15_at_[hidden]