From: Julien Blanc (julien.blanc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-09-10 05:50:07

Le lundi 09 septembre 2019 à 23:03 +0200, Ion Gaztañaga via Boost a
écrit :
> On 09/09/2019 20:23, Zach Laine via Boost wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 9, 2019 at 9:59 AM Vinnie Falco via Boost <
> > boost_at_[hidden]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Beast has static_string which someone has asked to be move, is
> > > there
> > > any interest in moving this to Boost.Container?
> > >
> > > See:
> > >
> > > <https://github.com/boostorg/beast/issues/1691>
> > >
> Sorry for the delay. I think it's a good idea, it seems a really
> useful
> container. To ease the maintenance, I think we should merge
> container::string and container::static_string implementations to
> reuse as much as code as we can.

As i recently had to write one, i raise another hand for a
static_string in boost.

One thing that was important for me was trivially_copyable property. It
can be quite hard to achieve when sharing implementations (static
vector, for example, lacks this property while it could offer it for
trivial T).

Regards,

Julien