From: pbristow_at_[hidden]
Date: 2019-10-16 09:51:00

As the OC (Original Complainant) can I comment that

* We are all agreed that this is a false positive warning.

* Warning messages are bad - because of wasted efforts in producing them, and being confusing to the users.

* Global disabling of warnings is a NONO.

* Local quieting is tricky because so many compilers are involved, and their mechanisms are different.

* Adding code comment on why, with links to this discussion is very helpful.

* Making the code C++ Standard compliant is always best.

Since the Standard seems to suggest to me, (ill-informed on this language lawyers delight) that using keyword final where implemented, that that is the Right Thing To Do long-term.

So I favour implementing BOOST_HAS_FINAL and using it in the code.

Paul

Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse
Kendal, Cumbria