From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-01-17 18:01:43

On Thu, 16 Jan 2020 at 23:22, Christopher Kormanyos via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Do other potential mentors have suitable projects
> and interest in mentoring?

As last year, I'm interested in mentoring for GIL during this edition.
I don't have any specific projects on the plate, but there is still
plenty to do as continuation of Miral Shah's project adding
image processing algorithms:
https://github.com/boostorg/gil/wiki/GSoC-2019

We have a list of wishes and ideas for GIL
https://github.com/boostorg/gil/wiki/Boost.GIL-3-Ideas
that may serve interested students as an inspiration
(e.g. color management is an interesting area).

I personally prefer when a student approaches with
a project proposal she/he is very keen to develop
or at least approaches with an idea and works out
project details with prospect mentor(s).

I consider coming up with an idea or project as an initial homework
filtering genuine interest in solving a particular problem
rather than piggybacking Boost & GSoC to improve CV.

Best regards,