From: Damian Vicino (damian_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-01-17 21:45:50

I agree with the idea of students making the proposal, and we mostly get
students taking that path. However, at this stage Google expect us to
propose something to show that there is mentoring and org interest when we
apply as a organization to get included in the program. So, having some
mentor proposed projects helps with the process.