From: Ayush Bansal (abansal1008_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-01-30 13:35:40

Hi, I am a final year undergraduate student from IIT Khraragpur. I was
interested in the project “Image Processing Algorithms” to be developed
during GSoC 2020. I was mainly interested in implementation of
Morphological IP Algorithms, Normalising channels and De-noising filters. I
have a good knowledge about most of these algorithms and have worked with a
lot of them as a part of my BTech Term Project.

In addition to the list of algorithms provided for morphology, I had some
other filters which I think could be implemented easily such as - Boundary
Extraction, Hole Filling, Thinning and Thickening algorithms.

Similarly, for de-noising filters, I was wondering if filters such as
Conservative Smoothing, Adaptive Filters etc. could be added to the list.

For my competency test, I was interested in doing the implementation of
convolution filter and use it to detect edges. However, I did not
understand where should I be posting my submission for the same.

I have done my previous internship at Google India, where I implemented my
code in Google’s Production server in C++, thus I also have the experience
of writing good industry level code.

I wanted to know if someone would be willing to mentor me for this project.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards
Ayush Bansal
Fifth Year Undergraduate Student