From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-01-30 14:31:59

On Thu, 30 Jan 2020 at 15:05, Ayush Bansal via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> In addition to the list of algorithms provided for morphology, I had some
> other filters which I think could be implemented easily such as - Boundary
> Extraction, Hole Filling, Thinning and Thickening algorithms.
>
> Similarly, for de-noising filters, I was wondering if filters such as
> Conservative Smoothing, Adaptive Filters etc. could be added to the list.

Please, feel free to add those algorithms to the wish-list table on this wiki
https://github.com/boostorg/gil/wiki/Image-Processing-Algorithms

> For my competency test, I was interested in doing the implementation of
> convolution filter and use it to detect edges.

FYI, please watch
https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code%3A-2020
as the GIL competency test section may receive some updates during next days.

> However, I did not understand where should I be posting my submission for the same.

See the relevant section on the template page at
https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code%3A-Submission-Template

Also, here is what the old Boost Wiki from previous years say, e.g.:
https://svn.boost.org/trac10/wiki/SoC2015
"Submission of the programming test should be via copying and pasting
what you wrote
into the end of the proposal you submit to Google Melange."

Basically, you will be writing your GSoC project proposal to submit to Google
and that should include the competency test, e.g. copied relevant bits of code
or links to your GitHub repository with your competency test project.

> I wanted to know if someone would be willing to mentor me for this project.

Yes, as per the wiki
https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code%3A-2020
there are at least two people willing to mentor for GIL during GSoC 2020.
Keep in mind, it is still early - it's a good idea to check GSoC
timeline though.

Best regards,