From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-01-31 23:12:07

On Fri, 31 Jan 2020 at 20:42, Ayush Bansal via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Yes, I am really interested in submitting a PR for the same.
> Could please help me with how to get started?

I suggest quite the usual path into contributing to an open source project
1. https://github.com/boostorg/gil/blob/develop/README.md
2. https://github.com/boostorg/gil/blob/develop/CONTRIBUTING.md
    and any references from there.
3. https://blog.codinghorror.com/learn-to-read-the-source-luke/

There is collection of PRs and issues submitted during GSoC 2019,
all gathered as part of the IPA project here
https://github.com/boostorg/gil/projects/5
You may find it useful to check some of the PRs,
see how they were reviewed, etc.

> I was planning to implement a file named morph.hpp
> in boost/gil/image_processing module.

Sure, why not. If morph.hpp or morphing.hpp or other name,
that is part of discussion during PR review.

> Also was there any previous discussion about implementation of dilation and
> erosion which I should keep in mind?

I don't remember, but there are (searchable!) archives:

https://lists.boost.org/search/boost/cgi-bin/swish.cgi?query=dilation
https://lists.boost.org/search/boost/cgi-bin/swish.cgi?query=erosion
https://lists.boost.org/search/boost-gil/cgi-bin/swish.cgi?query=dilation
https://lists.boost.org/search/boost-gil/cgi-bin/swish.cgi?query=erosion

> Also, what would be the most convenient mode of discussion for you in case
> I have any further doubts?

Begin with the boost-gil mailing list. Check the README linked above
for options.
If we get stuck with C++ or other issues, we can always ask other Boost
developers for help posting to this mailing list (it is usually high
volume list,
so better post specific topics for boost-gil)

Best regards,