From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-02-26 15:32:42

On Sun, 23 Feb 2020 at 18:33, Krystian Stasiowski via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Additionally, the type of the member used to store the size of the
> string is now statically chosen to be the smallest possible width unsigned
> standard integer type that can hold all the needed size values.

I guess I'm too late (sitting in a bus, not watching the list), but I would
(like to throw in that I would like to) have a template-SizeType-parameter
and leave the signed- or unsigned-ness in the middle (while making sure
things work correctly for both types (not hard)). This avoids the 'should
we have ssize ( ), which seems to go against the current grain (but is
recognized as being problematic), but it does benefit from being able to
benefit from better optimizations due to the use of signed size-types.

degski

--
@realdegski
https://brave.com/google-gdpr-workaround/