From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-02-28 18:34:10

On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 10:25 AM Lee Clagett via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Everyone wanted audits by professionals. Less primitives means easier
> audits. That library provides everything useful: symmetric encryption,
> public-key encryption, digital signatures, and even an API for a key
> exchange protocol.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........

....okay, I see your point. The name is a tiny bit misleading though
because it alludes to doing more than it actually does.

> Boost providing the kitchen sink of cryptography is only the correct
> approach if the goal is to provide mass interoperability with other
> systems.

For Boost, as I alluded to earlier, I would target experts and put
something together those experts can use to quickly prototype ideas
(interchangeable components which satisfy named requirements). If
people need specific algorithms they can already get them, they just
might have to suffer a tiny bit with C APIs and do without the
accoutrements of modern C++. If Boost offered the library I describe,
those people who are using specific algorithms could use the
Boost-wrapped versions of those algorithms and gain access to modern
C++ features.

Thanks