From: Janson R. (mlists.aerostun_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-03-06 08:00:19

Hello everyone,

I have recently been working on a C++ compression library very similar
to zlib after trying to implement some HTTP compression support over
Boost.Beast and realizing after some discussion with sir Falco that
while it would be a nice builtin feature for Beast, it would possibly be
a better idea to have zlib-like compression be a separate library in
order to be properly maintainable and likely more useful.
The current working version can be viewed at
https://github.com/ryanjanson/Deflate

however the API could still be helped in terms of modern C++ usability,
and what I currently have in mind can be found annotated here:
https://gist.github.com/AeroStun/687ec9ca69404e26f8e02e5084926036

Do you thing that this could be useful to have as its own entity in the
Boost environment? Any kind of feedback on the idea and the library is
warmly welcome.

Regards,
Janson