From: Zach Laine (whatwasthataddress_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-06-19 22:58:53

On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 11:31 AM Peter Dimov via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Phil Endecott wrote:
>
> > If users of Boost.Text need to include that in their products' smallprint,
> > your docs should make that clear.
>
> A Boost library is not allowed to mandate this from users, regardless of
> whether its docs make it clear. Such a requirement is a hard blocker, a
> library like that can't be distributed in a Boost release. Or is not
> supposed to be, anyway.

Of course, and I don't think Boost.Text actually imposes any such
requirement. Boost.Locale also uses ICU headers and links to ICU, and
neither shows the Unicode copyright, nor requires its users to do so.

Boost.Text will have some code derived from ICU, and that implies that
Boost.Text should impose the same license-notification obligations on
the user that ICU does on Boost.Locale. That is, none. If Boost.Text
users are violating the Unicode license by not showing it to their
users, Boost.Locale has been in violation as well for a decade or so.

It may be that I'm wrong about showing the Unicode license in
Boost.Text, and it does not need to. I did it "just in case".

Zach