From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-08-11 19:51:24

On 2020-08-11 18:24, Dennis Luehring via Boost wrote:
> some of my project using boost building with clang-cl but there are
> still some libraries that don't
>
> is there any official interest in supporting clang-cl or is it up to a
> library maintainer to support it?

There are no official testers running clang-cl, as far as I can see:

https://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/summary.html

However, CI configs for many libraries do include clang-cl jobs. So the
support is each library maintainer's initiative.

You can try filing PRs improving support for clang-cl to given libraries.

Older versions of clang-cl were too broken to be supported, so don't
expect those to work. And probably don't bother creating PRs adding
workarounds for them. Newer versions seem to be better, though.

> https://github.com/boostorg/thread/issues/286
>
> "clang-cl defines _MSC_VER by ms-compatibility but BOOST_MSVC will not
> be set." still a problem?

BOOST_MSVC is not supposed to be defined for clang-cl.