From: Dennis Luehring (dl.soluz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-08-12 08:30:08

small test with 1.74-beta looks better

---------
#include <boost/archive/xml_iarchive.hpp>
#include <boost/smart_ptr/shared_ptr.hpp>

int main()
{
   return 0;
}
---------

does compile without a problem with current 1.74-beta

but now the linker is telling me that i need to have a clangw10 build of
boost

lld-link : error : could not open
'libboost_serialization-clangw10-mt-gd-x32-1_74.lib': no such file or
directory

the nature of clang-cl is a easy binary and feature compatible drop in
replacement for the microsoft-cl
until 1.74 there was no need to prepare a descent build of boost for clang
i switch multiple times per day between microsoft-cl and clang-cl
(because clang-cl gives better diagnostics)
this switching works with all (~10-20 libs) of my non-boost third party
libs without the need for a descent build - why do boost
need that?, or did i configure something wrong?