From: Matthias Loy (mloy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-08-26 09:43:24

Hello,

we are implementing a service that is to be available via tcp, unix
domain sockets (and websocket).

Websocket might be out of scope since it is not part of asio.

All those protocols are streaming protocols and should behave in the
same way: read some bytes, write some bytes.

I would like to have the code implemented only once to handle several
protocols. Not having one for local::stream_protocol::socket and another
one for ip::tcp::socket.

Until now I was not able to find something like base classes that allow
me to do that. I only found code that works for tcp or unix domain
sockets (local). The protocol is not to be decided at compile time but
on runtime. Hence I'm having problems using templates here.

The documentation of async_read states that the stream has to support
the AsyncReadStream concept. Is there a way to get something supporting
this concept from local::stream_protocol::socket and ip::tcp::socket?

Best regards,
Matthias