From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-09-15 14:45:30

Rainer Deyke wrote:

> I vote to CONDITIONALLY ACCEPT Boost.JSON, conditional on the inclusion of
> code for parsing and serializing boost::json::value as CBOR.

I find this condition is too strict. You basically say that you'd rather not
see the proposed Boost.JSON enter Boost until CBOR is implemented, which may
happen six months from now. So people who don't have a need for CBOR will
have to wait until Boost 1.77, which doesn't really help anyone.

I can understand requiring a firm commitment on the part of the authors to
add CBOR support, but postponing the acceptance until this is implemented...