From: Tom Kent (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-01-23 15:57:52

On Sat, Jan 23, 2021 at 7:10 AM Marc Glisse via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Jan 2021, John Maddock via Boost wrote:
>
> > I have no solution for this, but I note that neither do we have CI, nor
> > tests on
> > https://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/summary.html
> > that aren't Intel x86. The compiler list has shrunk to msvc/clang/gcc
> > as well.
>
> https://www.boost.org/development/testing.html does not link to
> explanations on how to add testers, not very encouraging. The bottom still
> says literally "Revised $Date$" so maybe that page is dead.
>
> Why not use the gcc testfarm? Despite the name, it isn't at all restricted
> to gcc. It has some aarch64, sparc64, ppc64, etc. Of course you shouldn't
> abuse it by running a CI on every commit, but running the testsuite once a
> week on aarch64 should be no problem I believe. An advantage is that
> developers would have access to the platform, so they would have an easier
> time reproducing issues than with other testers.

Interesting, the GCC Compile Farm (https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/CompileFarm)
looks like it has quite a few architectures. I applied for an account
there. I think it would be pretty easy to get some boost test jobs running
weekly-ish across different architectures.

I know it is hosted by the GCC people, but do they have qualms about
running our tests against clang too? I can ask on that list, just wondering
if you have any knowledge.

Tom