From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-01-23 16:15:19

On Sat, Jan 23, 2021 at 3:21 AM John Maddock via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I note that at least in theory, other platforms/architectures could be
> integrated into Drone CI (either the CppAlliance one, or our own), but
> someone would have to offer to host the clients running the tests.

I'm not really a fan of the Boost development test matrix, because it
has a low signal to noise ratio. That is, often there are errors
reported which are spurious, or due to a misconfiguration. And when
the errors are real, the log is often unhelpful and lacks sufficient
context to diagnose and treat the problem. On the other hand I very
much used to like Travis, and Drone CI is a close approximation to
Travis.

That said, the C++ Alliance Drone CI instance is destined to become
the dedicated Boost Drone CI service (we are still working out the
kinks). This service will be available for all Boost libraries. Sam
has been working on integration scripts to get existing Boost
repositories to build on it.

If there are requests for other platforms, I believe we can add them
using the virtual emulation (qemu?). Sam Darwin is the lead on this
and he monitors the mailing list so feel free to reach out and make
requests.

Thanks