From: John Maddock (jz.maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-02-25 19:13:25

On 25/02/2021 18:33, Robert Ramey via Boost wrote:
> The serialization library is compatible with C++03 (and likely 98).
> And is tested regularly with C++ compilers with the -std switch set to
> this mode.  The recent changes to the math library have broken about 5
> tests in the serialization library.  Since this breakage is in a few
> tests only and not in the library itself, I'd like to suppress these
> tests when the being tested with a C++03 compiler.  I've suppressed
> tests which are conditional on C++ features which are not supported
> and this has worked well for my purposes.  I'd like to do the same for
> a couple of tests which are conditional on usage of the math library
> and standards versions < C++11.  Any B2/CMake experts want to help an
> old guy out?

I just looked at this, and I get 198 serialization lib test failures in
C++03 mode currently :(

The issue is that your tests are using Boost.Math, specifically
float_distance, and this is now C++11 and later.  It's used fairly
ubiquitously in your tests as well.

Given that we've signaled this change for over a year now, how do we
handle this?

Best, John.