From: Nicholas Neumann (nick2002_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-03-05 20:28:08

A quick correction. I noticed my performance numbers were not super
reliable - my log output directory was on my c drive, which is a bad idea
as OS reads/writes will have a greater impact on numbers. I moved the
output to a separate, faster drive. There with the cache keyed on path,
throughput was 94K, while with cache keyed on the string representation of
the path, throughput was 110K. Tweaking further, I could key the cache just
on channel name (based on my logging output structure), and that got me to
120K. So while still a good improvement, not quite as dramatic as I first
thought.