From: Emil Dotchevski (emildotchevski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-03-15 21:37:22

On Mon, Mar 15, 2021 at 1:21 PM Niall Douglas via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 15/03/2021 19:01, Richard Hodges via Boost wrote:
>
> > I fully agree with regard to the committee. It has been nothing but a
> > cause of frustration and anger for the community of developers who
> > actually use C++ to get work done. I have the strong impression that
> > very few on the committee ever produce anything of strategic value for
> > their employers.
>
> This is about as categorically untrue as any statement could be.
>
> As a general rule, those who regularly attend WG21 meetings are
> responsible for enterprise level software, having in large part
> contributed to the design, implementation, and maintenance of those
> mission critical systems.

The committee seems to be concerned more with internal and external
politics than with serving the community. If that wasn't true there would
be ZERO library additions that haven't been battle hardened by being
deployed and established themselves as the defacto standard already.

The only thing they should be doing is rubber-stamping libraries that are
already the standard for doing something. Instead, it's like a giant tube
for force feeding us what we don't want (or else we would have adopted it
already). For our own good of course.