From: Jeff Flinn (jeffrey.flinn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-03-23 14:31:21

On 3/22/21 9:43 AM, Peter Dimov via Boost wrote:
> Edward Diener wrote:
>> My first reaction, after quickly looking at the submission, is what does this
>> library offer that the original lambda library, which appears to have a much
>> larger amount of functionality than this lambda2 library, not offer ? Also there
>> is the Phoenix library, which also offers an even greater amount of function
>> object and lambda-like functionality, of which the review manager is the main
>> author I believe.
>
> Purely from a user perspective, what this library offers is being a lightweight,
> single header dependency, and...

This should not be under appreciated! I've been working for a
boost-bigoted company for the last 5 years and generally limited to
C++11 until this month. Having access to Peter's minimal-dependency
header-only libraries of late have been a boon to my efforts to
modernize our code base. While developers here bristle at bringing in
all of boost, there have been no complaints on bringing in mp11, or even
the non-boost asio distribution.