From: Kostas Savvidis (kotika98_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-03-31 12:44:29

> On Mar 31, 2021, at 10:12, Eduardo Quintana via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> I want to put this statement into practice
> following the lesson from the std::complex<> and templated algorithms.

I am sympathetic to your idea of making an FFT which works in an arbitrary field, but
according to the C++ ISO spec, §26.2/2:
The effect of instantiating the template complex for any type other than float, double or long double is unspecified.

So we are not going to be able to define a finite field F[p] and plug it into std::complex<>.

Should not then the focus be on the types that Boost.Multiprecision supports, and especially its own complex types?

Cheers,
Kostas