From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-11-29 16:02:59

On 29/11/2021 15:03, Oliver Kowalke via Boost wrote:
> Am Mo., 29. Nov. 2021 um 15:49 Uhr schrieb Niall Douglas via Boost <
> boost_at_[hidden]>:
>

>> For this to be valid as a standalone Boost library, in my opinion it
>> needs to also support at the very least C++ coroutines if on C++ 20.
>>

> Sorry, but I think this does not make sense because boost::asio::spawn() a
> boost.spawn do only support stackful context switching.
> It was long discussed in the C++ standardisation meetings if a unified
> syntax for stackless and stackful 'coroutines' is possible - the outcome
> was, no its impossible (think on function coloring).

Y'see, I'd look at this as an opportunity to extend C++ Coroutines with
stackfulness emulation, and that would be exactly the value in a
standalone Boost library here.

But otherwise I gotta agree with Vinnie here, if you require
Boost.Context and Boost.ASIO and you only work with those and Chris K
isn't keen on adding this into Boost.ASIO, the next most logical place
for something as small as this is Boost.Context surely?

Niall