From: Phil Endecott (spam_from_boost_dev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-04-05 12:39:59

Vinnie Falco wrote:
> Clearly, a website update is necessary

Why, exactly? I mean, how many people visit the website but then decide
not to use Boost because they don't like the font?

> how do we feel
> about a transition to forum-based discussion instead of the mailing
> list?

I think the question we need to ask first is "where have the
participants gone?". Preferably quantified.

One place I've noticed is that people go to the std:: mailing lists
with their ideas and bypass Boost.

> Follow me on GitHub: https://github.com/vinniefalco

Yeah, that's another place some people have gone. Compared to just
publishing your project on github, what does Boost add? Github has
the advantage that you don't need to endure a review and maybe be
forced to change things!

And, as John Maddock has pointed out, Boost has already adopted github
and some of what used to happen on this list now happens there.

Robert Ramey wrote:

> you might want to bring this up in a meeting at C++Now

That's another place that some people have gone. Personally I think
it's important for Boost not to be "two-tier" i.e. those with travel
budgets and those without.

Regards, Phil.