From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-04-04 17:43:20

Well, now that I have everyone's attention just before the release,
I'd like to draw attention to the elephant in the room. That is, the
declining level of activity on the Boost mailing lists and the
declining level of participation in the Boost formal review process.
Both in terms of the number of reviewers, and in terms of the
difficulty in finding a review manager.

Clearly, a website update is necessary and along with it some type of
campaign to highlight once again the important role that Boost serves
in the C++ community for both professionals and amateurs alike. But
what more can we do?

This came up before but it is worth mentioning again; in addition to a
website update to make boost.org modern and relevant, how do we feel
about a transition to forum-based discussion instead of the mailing
list? I realize this will ruffle some feathers but surely the
alternative, a descent into irrelevance due to steady declining
activity is worse?

Discuss.

--
Regards,