From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-04-05 20:36:02

On Mon, 4 Apr 2022 at 19:43, Vinnie Falco via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Clearly, a website update is necessary [...]

I agree.

Given the number of users I encountered lost*** on
spaces (Gitter, Slack) of Geometry or GIL libraries
asking for general Boost or library-specific directions,
that I have helped lately, tells me t is not too easy
(esp. for newcomers) to figure where ask for help
and report problems too.

*** Two days ago, a user interested in Boost.Graph
was asking questions on Gitter room of Boost.Geometry.
Now, if it is easier to find that Gitter room than
Boost mailing list or Graph's issues, then something
is wrong indeed about the Boost frontdoor signs.

> how do we feel about a transition to forum-based discussion
> instead of the mailing list?

I like mailing lists, but I understand NKOTB-s may prefer the web.

How about the GitHub Discussions?
How many Boost libraries have enabled them?
Has it attracted the discussions?

Best regards,