From: Ivan Matek (libbooze_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-04-05 23:22:46

On Mon, Apr 4, 2022 at 7:43 PM Vinnie Falco via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> how do we feel about a transition to forum-based discussion instead of the
> mailing
> list?

Yes please.
I don't really participate a lot here, but one of the worst things is
inability to have nicely formatted code, maybe embedded godbolt preview
etc...
Mailing list really does feel* 20 years ago tech*.
If there is some little fundraiser to make this happen I would be happy to
donate.
I know some people may be used to mailing lists, but I really do hope this move
forward ;)happens.

As for why I am not contributing: not good enough :), and lack of time, but
those are things on my side so lets focus on what Boost could improve:
 I think the most annoying thing is that there is no clear flow for me to
do small improvements since IDK what libs are dead and which are not, or
what are the good issues for casual contributors,
e.g. something that most regular experienced C++ devs can do, so you do not
need to be pdimov or ldionne to do it...
E.g. I want to add initializer list to boost::bimap.
Ups, somebody did that already, ups their work is wasted because lib is
unmaintained. 😥
https://github.com/boostorg/bimap/pull/31/files