From: Marshall Clow (mclow.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-04-05 23:41:01

On Apr 4, 2022, at 10:43 AM, Vinnie Falco via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> This came up before but it is worth mentioning again; in addition to a
> website update to make boost.org <http://boost.org/> modern and relevant, how do we feel
> about a transition to forum-based discussion instead of the mailing
> list?

Strongly opposed.

The beauty of email is that

* the discussion *comes to me*; that I don’t have to go and check some website to see if there are new posts.
* I have a local archive of the boost mailing lists going back to (checks…) 2009 at my fingertips. Pre-2009 requires a bit more work.
* I can read (and search, and reply) with tools of my choice.

If you know of a forum-based discussion that offers those benefits, I’d love to hear about it.

— Marshall