From: Gavin Lambert (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-04-06 00:02:55

On 5/04/2022 20:31, Peter Barker via Boost wrote:
> Viewpoint from a user of Boost. I'm firmly in the camp that a forum is the
> way to go. Boost has been crying out for this for AGES!

I'm in the opposite camp. Invariably any community that has switched
from newsgroups/mailing lists to a web forum has caused me to forget
that it even exists in fairly short order. Not deliberately, just...
out of sight, out of mind, y'know?

I'm still using gmane for this list, in fact, because it does threading
better than plain email seems to manage. And "better threading" seems
to be one of the common factors for a request to move to forums. So
perhaps the Real Solutionâ„¢ is to move back to newsgroups! (This was
mostly a joke. Mostly.)