From: Gregory Dai (gregory.dai_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-12-04 19:01:06

On Sun, Dec 4, 2022 at 1:14 AM Christopher Kormanyos via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> > interested to hear your opinions as to> what happened over that time>
> period to cause such a trend.
> I believe that both Boost and C++ as wellas the general skill level in the
> communityall simply increased.
> C++ has become mainstream for thosewho want to use it. Also C++ (in its
> post C++11form) has gotten very good, as have compilers.The situation is
> much more comfortableand stable/reliable than in 98, even forembedded
> systems where great strigdestoward language adherence have been made.
>
> Boost is mature.So the whole C++/Boost thingis just getting
> well-industrialized - as it should.
> C++ remains an excessively popularlanguage and Boost adds to its
> richness.But I think the traffic regarding openquestions and queries is
> simply reducedexactly by this established stability.
> Chris

I agree with this assessment.

Boost was largely inspired by the lack of progress after C++98. But after
all the new development since C++11 up to C++20, the language (together
with the latest compilers) is much more modern, mature, stable and
comfortable to use.

Kudos to the people who have been involved in the standardization work over
the past (more than) two decades.