From: Gavin Lambert (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-04-26 23:28:32

On 27/04/2023 08:40, Robert Ramey wrote:
> I use a threaded email reader - Thunderbird.
>
> I get my mailing list posts via a news reader.
>
> This is a perfectly wonderful setup and I'd be loath to change it.

+1 on all three points. Via gmane, specifically.

Thus far a newsreader has been the only successful way I can follow a
community -- flat mailing lists are too disjointed and hard to follow
context, and websites are "out of sight, out of mind"; I might keep up
for a few weeks but inevitably forget for a while and then I'm 1k
messages behind and I just ignore it forever.