From: Janek Kozicki (janek.listy.mailowe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-01-13 16:35:30

Robert Ramey via Boost said: (by the date of Tue, 9 Jan 2024 11:48:44 -0800)

> This would in practice eliminate the concept of Boost version 1.84
> etc... and replace with Boost Serialization library version 1, ...
> Boost would migrate from being a single/monolithic library to a group of
> libraries with some explicit dependencies (on other boost librarys,
> standard library or ?).

I have a following code snippet in my serialization header:

// To correctly recognize serialization of Inf and NaN numbers,
// there are different includes for different boost versions
#if BOOST_VERSION>=104700
        #include<boost/math/special_functions/nonfinite_num_facets.hpp>
#else
        #include<boost/math/nonfinite_num_facets.hpp>
#endif

How do you plan to not break it with separate version numbers for each library?

best regards
Janek

--
Janek Kozicki, PhD. DSc. Arch. Assoc. Prof.
Gdansk University of Technology (Gdansk Tech)