From: Jakob van Santen (jakob.van.santen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-04-29 07:46:54

Hello,

I’m not sure if this is the right forum for this question, but here goes:

I work on a large scientific codebase that is heavily tied to boost, and that most users interact with via boost-python. Lately I have been working on generating PEP 484 type stubs for the ~1000 classes it exposes in order to enable static type checking and code completion in editors. This required some modifications to boost-python itself in order to get complete type information into the generated docstrings, where it can be consumed by external tooling to generate stubs:

https://github.com/boostorg/python/pull/417

I have found this quite useful, and suspect it might be useful for others as well to have it in a Boost release. Can anyone give me a pointer as to how to make that happen, or let me know where or whom I should be asking instead? I asked on cplusplus-sig_at_[hidden] <mailto:cplusplus-sig_at_[hidden]>, which was the place many years ago, but that list seems to have died out. Many thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Jakob
Jakob van Santen
DESY - Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron