From: Joel de Guzman (djowel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-07-17 23:50:46

On 7/18/24 3:49 AM, René Ferdinand Rivera Morell via Boost wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 17, 2024 at 2:42 PM Robert Ramey via Boost
> <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> On 7/17/24 11:59 AM, Vinnie Falco via Boost wrote:
>>> Hi. It is CppCon 2024 season, and the C++ Alliance is working on letting
>>> people know all the new and exciting things happening in Boost. We're doing
>>> this with Boost labeled conference shirts, and a beautiful brochure. You
>>> can see a draft of this promotional piece here (note: work in progress):
>>>
>>> https://cppalliance.org/pdf/Boost-Brochure-CppCon-2024.pdf
>>>
>> FWIW - I much prefer the current logo which was developed by community
>> inclusive process with many submissions and designs.
> It wasn't. The logo picked by the community in that process was never
> used. What is currently used was the result of private design between
> the Boost Steering Committee and the artist that "won" that logo
> contest.
That is not correct. I was one of the major proponents of that logo contest (if not
spearheded it).
And I am not a member of the Boost Steering Committee. That contest was public and was
discussed in the Boost list. It is NOT a private design.

Here's part of the discussion (I do not have time to search all):
https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost//2005/03/81416.php

You can see clearly I was asking for votes.

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman
Cycfi Research, Inc.