From: René Ferdinand Rivera Morell (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-07-18 02:21:14

On Wed, Jul 17, 2024 at 3:39 PM Vinnie Falco via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Will everyone please vote on one of the following two options:
>
> 1. Boost adopts the proposed new logo with Alliance as custodian of the
> trademark
>
> 2. No change

(1) adopt the proposed new logo.

Our use of the current logo is technically not legal. Zoltan holds the
copyright. And we, the community or Steering Committee or Foundation,
did not get an appropriate license to use it or modify it. The new
logo solves that problem.

Our current logo would be difficult to adapt to the new web site. And
over time has been rather difficult to use because of its
translucency. Even when I incorporated the logo in the current website
design it was difficult to make it work because of that. I ended up
masking the background and adding shadows to get enough contrast to
use it. But I wasn't going to "rock the boat" at that time. The new
logo solves that problem.

--
-- René Ferdinand Rivera Morell
-- Don't Assume Anything  -- No Supone Nada